A Zimbra upgrade is planned for Saturday, January 21st. We will begin the upgrade at 2:00 p.m. and expect it to take until approximately 8:00 p.m. Please plan accordingly as Zimbra will be unavailable during this time.
The new version of Zimbra has some new and changed features. Most notable among them are:
- Sort messages by size: You can now click on the Size column header to sort messages by size.
- Delete attachments from messages: You can now click Remove next to an attachment name to delete the attachment without deleting the message.
- Recover deleted messages that have been emptied from the Trash within the last 30 days: Right-click (Control+click for Macs) on the Trash folder and choose “Recover Deleted Items”.
- Copy appointments: Right-click (Control+click for Macs) on an existing appointment and select “Create a Copy” to reproduce an existing appointment at another date/time.
- Drag & drop attachments: You can now drag & drop files from your desktop or other windows to attach them to a message.
- Preview calendar from e-mail invite: Meeting invite e-mail messages now display a preview of your calendar for the day of the requested meeting.
- Calendar Scheduling Wizard: When scheduling meetings with attendees, Zimbra can now suggest common available free times.
- Send e-mail later: You can click the arrow next to the Send button and choose “Send Later” to schedule an e-mail message to be sent at a later date/time.
- The default appointment length is now 30 minutes instead of 1 hour.
- More colors: More color choices are available for calendars, folders, and other colorable items. For mail folders, colors are now applied to the folder icon rather than the whole folder name.
- Undo: When deleting and moving messages, an “undo” option now appears at the top of the screen.
- E-mail address bubbles: Names and e-mail addresses are now shown in “bubbles” that can be dragged and dropped.
- Select multiple attachments at once: When attaching files to messages, you can use Ctrl+click and Shift+click to select more than one attachment at a time.
- Save meetings as drafts: When scheduling meetings with attendees, the new Save option lets you save the meeting as a draft without sending the invitation right away.
An updated Zimbra Basics handout with complete details can be found at:
As always, if you have any questions, contact the Help Desk.