Welcome to the first week of Discover the Creativity!
Many opportunities for exploration can be found at the great city of Perth, Scotland!
Our 5 virtual walking routes will give us a journey through spectacular sites of the city and the country. The following is our walking itinerary:
- Perth City walk – 4.5 miles
- Moncreiffe Hill near Perth – 5 miles
- Scone Circular, Scone near Perth – 5.75 miles
- River Tay: Perth to Luncarty – 6.25 miles
- Kinnoull Hill and Tower – 4 miles
- Perth Festival of Yarn
Click on the photo to be taken to the full description of each exciting walk! Make sure to scroll down the page to view all the interesting photos!
Perth Festival of Yarn
“In 2017 we welcomed 70 of the very best independent vendors from all over the UK and further afield to our celebration, hosted 9 classes across many textile disciplines, supported South Harris SWI with their Centenary Blanket Project to help raise £3668 for MacMillan Cancer Support Scotland, partnered up with EcoCamp Glenshee to offer Llama Trek experiences and much, much more.
We’re opening our Vendors’ Gallery marketplace over 2 days this coming year  and we’re sure to have everything your crafting heart could desire.
If you didn’t make it here’s a taste of what you missed!”
‘As a Fair Isle crofter, albeit in the twenty first century, I continue, in my own way, hundreds of years of Fair Isle tradition.’
In this lovely presentation, Mati Ventrillon shares her story and passion for designing and creating Fair Isle knitwear.
SNC Step It Up
The entire SNC community is invited and encouraged to join our collaborative walking program!
Our walk begins: Monday, Feb. 19th
- Our blog will have us virtually joining an artisan festival of yarn that highlights creativity from various locations around the world each week!
- Register online: Registration page
- Teams: 2 to 5 walkers, one person designated as the team captain
- Team name: Yes! you need a team name
- Keep track of your steps: Use a pedometer, cellphone app or any other device that will record your daily steps
- Conversion chart: Use this to convert your daily activites into steps (directions can be found on the chart)
- Record your steps: Directions will be emailed to registered participants
- How far have we walked? This page shows all the teams and everyone’s progress
- Fees? No fees, it’s totally free!
- Celebration Time on March 28th – Our team walk concludes on March 23rd – 5 weeks of accomplishing our goal for a healthier lifestyle!
Our goal is to have everyone achieve either:
10,000 steps a day
30 to 60 minutes of exercise daily, converted into a step count
And if your daily step count goes beyond this, that will be fantastic!
The Eight Dimensions of Wellness
Being aware of The Eight Dimensions of Wellness and trying to balance these dimensions every day is a way to improve our mental and physical health. Daily physical health includes eating healthy foods, getting adequate hours of sleep and physical activity. View this video for more information.
Steps Around Campus
These step counts are approximate and depending on the person’s stride length.
College Ave lot P12 to Main Hall: 556 steps
Mulva Family Fitness and Sports Center to Cofrin: 543 steps
Gries Hall to Boyle: 535 steps
Campus center to Mulva Library: 416 steps
Bergstrom to Burke: 502 steps
Sensenbrenner to Mad/Lor: 487 steps
3M to Michels Commons: 430 steps
Find up-to-date information and highlights by following this exciting event on our Take the Challenge blog, and make sure to follow Health and Wellness on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air of your imagination.” Ralph Waldo Emerson