Step It Up ~ Go the Distance with our teams on a virtual thru-hike on the Pacific Crest Trail. Our weekly journal pages will share the experience of the trails, the learning points of nature, wildlife, and communities along the way. Enjoy video highlights shared by PCT hikers that have gone before us.
Video by Friendly Hiker – Stehekin to Canada
Video by SettleSirHikesALot – Pasayten Wilderness
Video by Seattleleet – White Pass
Video by Micah Holtgraves – The Pacific Crest Trail & Mt. Hood
Video by Kira Sandiford – PCT Sisters Timberline
Video by Alex Wright – PCT Oregon in September
Video by Friendly Hiker Shares PCT Experience With Us.
Video by USandItHikes – Burney Falls
Step It Up: Go the Distance!
On Monday, Feb. 13th, we will begin our 7 week adventure on the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail.
Our virtual walk will give us the experience of being “thru-hikers” on this stunning and historic trek. We will learn what it means to be a thru-hiker including the challenges, adventures and outstanding natural features along this 2,659 mile trail.
We will also be aware of the Seven Dimensions of Wellness throughout these weeks.
At the conclusion, we will celebrate our accomplishments as we relax and share our experiences.
All SNC students, faculty and staff are invited to join us on this historic and invigorating trek. We would like you to catch the energetic, team spirit that will encourage daily physical activity.
Walk, Explore, Learn! Let’s Get Started!
• What is a team? 5 team members designating one as the team captain.
• What is your team name? Decide on a name that makes your team happy.
• What type of equipment do you need? Each team member will need a pedometer, cellphone app or any other device that will record your daily steps. An alternative to this is to use this conversion chart to convert your daily activities into steps (directions can be found on the chart).
• Where do you record your weekly steps? We will send out an email with directions to all team members the week of the start date. There is a website showing all teams and their progress.
• Where do you register? Register online.
• What does it cost to participate? It is totally free.
Our goal is to have everyone achieve either:
10,000 steps a day
30 to 60 minutes of exercise daily, converted into a step count
And if your daily step count goes beyond this, that will be fantastic!
Find up-to-date information and highlights by following this exciting event on our Take the Challenge blog, and make sure to follow Health and Wellness on Pinterest!, Facebook and Twitter.
“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air of your imagination.”