Last Night in Australia (Thomas Grams)

Well it is my last night here in Australia. I can’t believe this time has come and still cannot believe it fully. What an incredible five months it has been. I have had the most amazing experience with traveling, meeting great new people, academic experiences, and just having the time of my life. I will cherish all the memories I have. The good and bad memories and will always remember these five months. I can honestly say I did not think of participating in any study abroad program when I started college, but it has been the best decision I have ever made to date in my life. I would like to thank my family, friends, study abroad advisors, and St. Norbert College for supporting in me in my study abroad experience. I would have never been able to do this without all you. The university here offered me a great education and I was also able to participate in a global leadership program that challenged me and I am so glad I did it. I got to meet some great people and learn many great qualities that I will be able to take away with me for the rest of my life.

I have inherited a new cultural identity and will keep that with me for the rest of my life. This study abroad adventure has given me a newly found appreciation for my home country and home. I appreciate more of what I have and realize how lucky I am to have all my friends, family, and opportunity to attend a great college. This was the best decision I ever made and will always look back on theses great five months.

Thomas Grams is studying abroad at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.

This entry was posted in Cultural Identity, Personal Growth and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.