Exams Are Over (Thomas Grams)

After a three-week exam period, exams are finally over. It’s hard to imagine my academic time here in Australia has finally come to an end. It’s hard to believe classes are finished and I am currently awaiting my final grades. I had the best time attending all my courses and got to meet some great people in lectures and tutorials. I sometimes think back to orientation my first week in the country. It’s hard to believe that was four months ago. I really think my cultural identity has had a dramatic change after attending college here for four and a half months. At times classes seemed a little overwhelming with the language barrier in class, but in the end, it helped my cultural identity grow and experience firsthand the lifestyle of a different culture not my own. Some of the wording, actions, behavior, and other types of learning styles are different than that of America university’s, but these learning techniques are what makes these universities here in Australia great and I am so grateful I got to experiences this university here in Sydney.

I often look back at the great memories I have in classes and will defiantly cherish the memories I had here at Macquarie University. Coming into this study abroad experience, I did not know what to expect and was very nervous. I take away from this experience and new sense of culture both academically and culturally. This is truly a great University and I recommend this university to anyone who is wanting to study in Australia.

Thomas Grams is studying abroad at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.

This entry was posted in Educational Systems & Experiences, Personal Growth and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.