Busy, Busy, Busy (Kort Koppmann)

Well its been another travel-packed past week again here in London.  Last weekend I went out to see Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Oxford University as well as the Tower of London and also Paris.  So I guess you could say I’ve been pretty busy with juggling those trips, my internship, and keeping up with the coursework I still have…  To start things off, Stonehenge was pretty interesting even though it was just “a circle of rocks.”  Its set in the countryside of England, somewhere I had yet to see, and it is surrounded by grassland as far as the eye can see. Oh, and a few sheep here and there.  Apart from the quick 20 minute walk around the structure, I found it to be very intriguing; the many myths and theories that people have about how it was formed.  The next stop was Windsor Castle and we were lucky enough to have been there when the Queen herself was there! No we didn’t get to see her but it was cool to know that while walking around the place that she was somewhere in there, probably doing some important “Queen stuff..”  I got to see the changing of the guard for the first time which was cool but I still don’t get why their hats are so big… Well after that was Oxford University and the city of Oxford.  There is so much history in such a small place where people like former president Bill Clinton, former British Prime Minister Margret Thatcher and Tony Blair and current one David Cameron, John Locke and Thomas Hobbes, and Albert Einstein all went to college.  It was so hard to believe they all were there at one point in time.  I bought myself a sweatshirt so now when I wear it around London people might think I’m much smarter than I really am.

Now over to the internship… Last time I left you I was saying how boring and laboring my position was.  But now, I have good news! It is a little LESS boring and laboring due to the fact that I am actually doing work that involves thinking.  Currently I am in charge of redesigning his marketing plan in terms of utilizing social media to the fullest in order to gain awareness about his product and his business as well as building his market presence among his competitors.  Its pretty interesting stuff because I get to deal with Facebook and Twitter and other social networking mediums and use them not for socializing but for gaining consumer loyalty and building virtual relationships between prospective consumer and the business.  I am still; however, passing out letters door to door but my boss has ordered pre-folded letters which cuts down the work in half, which is nice…  Anyway, in my next blog I will let you all know about further adventures I might have and the progression of the internship.  But until then, later gator.

Kort Koppmann is studying abroad in London, England, with the Foundation for International Education (FIE).

This entry was posted in Educational Systems & Experiences and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.