Well This Should Be Interesting (Kort Koppmann)

Last week was the first week of the internship position here in London.  I work for a corporate yoga company that is currently trying to grow and develop itself into a bigger company.  When I had originally found out that I would be an intern for a yoga company I thought to myself, “Oh boy…..well this should be interesting…”  I had no idea what was to come for that job.  I was confused as to why I was placed here seeing that I am a Business major and Econ minor so I had trouble seeing how my experience would work for this position.  After learning more about the actual work that I would be doing, I was a little more understanding of the job and my time that would be spent there.  However, last week was the first week of the internship process.  Turns out that my boss, who is the head of the company, put me in charge of developing their marketing and social media aspect of their “Mind and Body Cleanse” products.  At first I was like, “Ok, I can do this.  How bad could that be?”  Well I’ll tell you…

I got to work on the Twitter and Facebook pages of their website and come up with new ideas for marketing their product which was pretty interesting, but that was just the start.  The first two days my boss had me fold over 500 sheets of paper into thirds and hand deliver them, door-to-door to every house in his neighborhood.  It ended up not being that bad after I finished but then I found out I have to do over 10,000 letters to the city he lives in… Although I am not excited at all about that, I feel that how pain staking this position might be, it will be a “learning experience.”  Hopefully in the next internship I have in the future I wont have to do any of this kind of stuff again…we’ll see though…

Apart from that, my time here in London has been great.  I’m going to Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Oxford University this weekend so in my next write up I’ll let you all know how it was.  Until then, peace out.

Kort Koppmann is studying abroad in London, England, with the Foundation for International Education (FIE).

This entry was posted in Educational Systems & Experiences and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.