Australia (Thomas Grams)

It has been a little over 2 months since I’ve left home for Australia.  Coming to Australia, I did not know what to expect. No one from my family has every left home this far, so it was exciting and nervous at the same time. As soon as I arrived at the college, I was confident I had made the right choice.  Everything that has happened in the past two months has been great. This semester has been going by so fast, and I know the second half of the semester will go by just as fast.

Everyone is so nice and friendly around the campus. While living in the Macquarie Village, I have met so many great friends and have had such a good time getting to know new people and exchange experiences. The best part I like about living in the village is that every day, you never know what is going to occur. You may get invitations to do events with friends out of the blue. It gives infinite possibilities to each day.  It really ahs been great getting to know these new friends and I hope that I can stay in touch with most of them when this semester is over and we go back home.

Another great part of being in Australia is the scenery. Evertime we take a trip somewhere, the scenery is just great. Its like nothing I have ever seen before. The city of Sydney is especially beautiful in its own way and I hope to make the most out of everyday I have here. I know that when it is time to leave and go back home, it will be difficult to say goodbye to this city.

Thomas Grams is studying abroad at Macquarie University in Australia.

This entry was posted in Cultural Adjustment & Culture Shock and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.