The Road to SNC

I have quite an interesting story on how I ended up here at St. Norbert. I always wanted to go small but had no idea where I wanted to go. Talking about colleges however was not one of my favorite things to do. I had always said I wanted to play basketball but at that time I really was not being recruited. I had just gone to a showcase and had not heard any sort of interest from anyone. I had finished up summer league and would not have a chance to play in front of colleges until the season, which was four months away. As summer drew to an end I was slowly starting to accept the fact that maybe I was not going to have that opportunity.
My family left on a week-long cruise and it was on the plane ride down that my Dad said to me, “Let’s start looking at schools, maybe basketball will come up later.” His first suggestion was St. Norbert. At this point I thought my senior season was going to be my last. It stung but by the end of the vacation it was off my mind. The day we got home I went up to my room to go to bed and my dad called me down to listen to the voicemail. There were three messages from three different schools, the last being coach Grzesk. It was a month later I visited and realized how great this place was. I visited on August 30th and on the way home I told my parents I wanted to commit. They made me look at several other schools but SNC was incomparable. I’ve been here for two and a half months and still think it’s the best decision I’ve ever made.