UW-Stevens Point…? WHO IS THAT?

Ladies and gentlemen, again your St Norbert Green Knights Women’s Hockey Team comes up with another series sweep, with the UW-Stevens Point Pointers falling victim to our end of the season thrashing! We traveled to the Pointer’s arena Friday afternoon and handed them a 4-1 beating to advance our winning streak to four games! Saturday afternoon they came to the Cornerstone and gave it all they had taking a 1-0 lead after the first period. But we put the series to bed and added another sweep to the books by finishing them off with a 3-1 victory in front of our home crowd! Five games in a row and all the momentum in the world as we travel to UW-Superior next weekend to take on the Yellow Jackets in the NCHA Quarterfinals! This is another huge series, not only is it playoffs, but the Yellow Jackets ended our season last year in the first round. We split the series with the a few weeks ago with them taking the first game and us with the second. However, not only are we a completely different team than we were last year, but we are also completely different than we were three weeks ago! I am predicting our first progression into the second round J more on that next week!

School is going well as usual. I have an exam this week and a few assignments to turn in before we leave for UW-Superior on Thursday afternoon! My professors are all really understanding about me missing school sometimes for hockey. They are actually pretty excited for us most times! So if you plan on coming here and playing a sport you’re in luck! We have some wonderful professors on campus!

Work is great as well! I work at the daycare on campus! My little buddy Will came to watch me play this weekend! He sat right on the glass like a true fan and watched us take it to ‘em! So darn cute! I rewarded him for his focus with a game puck! He was so happy! That’s what it’s all about! Sharing your love of the game with others!

Back at home my mom and dad are really proud of how we are playing and can’t wait to come out and watch us win a championship! But for right now we focus on the first round!

Have a good week, y’all!!