Christmas Break and J-Term

Where do I begin!? So much has happened since the last time that I wrote. Well, first I went home for Christmas break! The weather in Arizona was beautiful, much warmer than it is here on campus clearly.

I was only home for about two weeks so I mostly laid around, did some Christmas shopping and hung out with family. I went to watch my triplet boys that I watch over the summers play some hockey! The are all doing wonderfully, future NHL’ers for sure. My dad and I went to watch the Coyotes practice at a local rink with some other players from the league that were trying to escape the freezing condition at their local rinks back east. That was basically it, just enjoyed my short time at home and got back on a plane to De Pere for three weeks of eating, sleeping and playing hockey!

When I got back we played Bowdoin College in a special match up at the Resch Center! Although we fell short on the score board, it was quite an experience and we all really enjoyed it. Next, we were on our way to Oswego College in New York! So we got on the bus for a 15 hour trip with a surprise in store that was unbelievable. On the way there we stopped in Detroit, Michigan. This is the city that houses the Detroit Red Wings! Our coach set us up with a practice ran by the winningest coach of all time and head coach of the Wings, Mike Babcock. After practice we got cleaned up and headed over to Joe Louis Arena for a first class tour. We got to see where the team eats pre-game meals and of course the locker room! It was such an amazing experience and something we will never forget! We went on to split the series with Oswego later that weekend.

Upon arriving back at school, there was no time to rest. We had a huge series versus Riverfalls and we needed to be prepared. Though we worked hard all week for the match up and fought hard through the battle, we fell short and were swept by the Falcons. My brother came out that weekend to watch me play! Even though we did not get the W, I felt that I played very well and was proud that my brother was there to see it! The rest of the time he was here we watched a zillion movies and had good brother-sister time! However, with the disappointing weekend behind us we had to move on to prepare for a weekend up in the frozen tundra (AKA Houghton, MI.. Home of the Finlandia Lions). Finally some good news, we swept those pesky Lions and made it home safely through the snow storm.

Now to wrap things up, we started school today : ( waahh! I am sure I will get back into routine soon, but I already miss laying around all day and playing hockey! We have another huge series this week against UW-Concordia and then MOM, DAD and MORMOR ARE COMING TO SEE ME NEXT WEEK! Soooo super excited to have them here again!

Well there, now y’all are all caught up on my crazy life! Stay tuned because it gets crazier! Have a wonderful and successful week y’all!