GREEN VS WHITE

This past Saturday the Green Knights women’s hockey team had our annual Green and White game. This is our inter-squad game when we split up into two teams and battle it out! This year my team, the white team took the title : ) It was such a fun game and a few locals came out to watch with their kids as well. After the skate we had a “skate with the knights” event. All the little girls that came to watch us play got to come out and skate with us after the game. We played games like freeze tag, red light green light, and then had a little meet and greet after. We also showed them all our locker room and answered some questions they had. It was a long day, but the girls seemed to really enjoy it and that was what mattered!

Meanwhile, back on campus.. Now, I know I always say it’s been a busy week but it really is this time.. and it is only Monday! I had a goalie skills session this morning, then class, then work, then food, then on the ice again, then off ice workout, then food, then studying for my exam tomorrow and hopefully bedtime is in my near future! It is always busy around here of course, but it always feels good at the end of the day that I actually did something with my life lol : ) After my exam tomorrow I should be able to coast through the rest of the week!

Then mom and dad come out Thursday! I cannot wait to see them! And of course the reason for their visit, besides seeing their favorite kid (sorry big brother) is to watch some GREEN KNIGHT HOCKEY!! Our first game of the season is this Friday vs St Mary’s followed by a Saturday game vs Concordia MN. It is going to be a very eventful weekend. With the progress that our team had made in just these short weeks we know that we have to ability to really run over other teams in our conference. We just gotta put our hard work to the test and really take it to ‘em this weekend to start off our winning streak!

It feels good to be a Green Knight! If you are in the area this weekend PLEASE stop by the Cornerstone arena on Friday at 6:30pm or Saturday at 2pm to support the women’s hockey team! See y’all there!