Home Sweet Home!!!

And the countdown is almost coming to a close!! Interesting fact about Akeem: I gotta keep a countdown to the next time I go home to keep sane. Love SNC but, sometimes I get homesick from time to time. And according my countdown, I have exactly 2 days till I go home. Tuesday night couldn’t come any sooner and I still have tons to do like lessons plans, track practices, and classes. This is going to be the longest two days of my life. But lucky for me, I don’t have class until 1:40 pm or Mondays and I’m done with classes on Tuesday at 1 pm. Then after that, everything is smooth sailing. Everything else has been going well though. This week, one of the site coordinators for the grant that STAR received came to observe the program and see us at work. I think she loved the program and what we were doing. She really enjoyed talking with our students who had nothing but good things to say about the program. So I give Bridgit, Maria, and myself a pat on the back for a job well done. This week I also made another huge life discovery. This past Friday, I went Xavier High School with Alex and Devan to go see Devan’s brother, Troy’s, musical, Music Man. It was amazing, even though Devan might say I was a tad bit sleep! But while at Xavier High School I learned that Devan was a musical genius herself and in fact was none other than Belle from Beauty and the Beast. If you have ever met Devan Lenz, there is no argument that personality, looks, and incredible voice make her perfect for the role. So now, she is suffering from multiple personalities as I continue to call her Belle and bow to her. She’ll get use to it. This Thanksgiving Break is going to be great and I can’t wait to see the gang again. We’ve already made plans for Tuesday night to have a reunion and “loaf around” as Melissa puts it. We are officially back together, reunited and it feels so good!