TEACHER MODE!

Although I take 7 classes, have 3 jobs, constantly have a track season to worry about and am involved in everything under the sun, my highlight definitely come from being an education major. This week I finally started working at the boys and girls club again with Tori, Alex, and my roommates and I am EXCITED to be back!! All day Monday I couldn’t contain how excited I was to see my “kids” and when I finally did I just exploded. They are a handful, don’t get me wrong, but they’ve grown so much and they were just as excited to see me, too. Being at the BGC is like my relaxation time from life even though I’m running around the entire time. For my Role of Play class (learning to incorporate play into your everyday classroom environment) and Music and Movement class (using music and movement in classrooms) I get to try my lessons each week on the students in the Sensenbrenner child care center at SNC. I work with one student, Grayson, and he’s a great kid. He’s a new student so he’s getting use to being at the child care center, but once you get him warmed up, he is ready to go. The first week we played this game where we learned facts about him and we learned he loves “Go, Diego, Go!” So the next week, we simulated a scavenger hunt with him in the daycare center with stuff animals and pillow pets and he loved every moment of it. It was also fun making a completely fool of myself, making animal noises and acting out animal impressions. I just think kids are so much fun with all their energy, creativity, and it’s great seeing them learn and grow. It’s a teacher thing!

This week is family weekend at SNC and I’m excited. This past weekend, we performed a “flashmob” for the donors of SNC during a dinner they had in Michel’s Commons. It was a huge success and for family weekend we have our first concert. I have this fear of singing in front of people that I am slowly getting over. I’ve gotten a lot better in the last year. I really wanted to try out for a solo in Men’s Choir, but I’ve had a sore throat for the last 2 weeks and couldn’t sing. I tried out, but it was….a little off, let’s just say. I hope Dr. Rosewall doesn’t think I can’t sing =/  I get to work the bounce house and tye-dye area for the SNC day on Saturday, so this should be fun!! If you are in the area, come on down. Literally EVERYONE is welcome. When you’re here, you’re family! I know that’s the Olive Garden slogan, but it works in this situation so let’s go with it. Well let’s see what the rest of this week has in store for me and I’ll keep you posted SNC! Until next time…..